Directions to our reception at This Is the Place

Directions to our reception from the south: Take exit from I-215 or I-80 towards Foothill Drive. Head north on Foothill Drive. After approximately 1 mile, turn east (or right) onto Sunnyside Avenue.

1/2 mile further you will find the turn in for This Is the Place. Turn in, go around the round-about, and look for a sign for 'Will and Sara Wedding'. It will be on your left. Follow the signs to the Kimball Home.

The Kimball Home is a two-story white home on the west side of the park. There is parking at the home.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Photography 101, for me anyway



Will is a photographer. We just talked last night about turning the coal room in our basement (and yes, I'm starting to use 'our' instead of 'his'!) into a dark room for film developing. He just got a medium film camera and is so excited...like a little boy at Christmas! He couldn't sleep the night before he picked it up.

On that note, I realized how much he is like my dad. We hiked to Cecret Lake a couple of weeks ago and he took his wide-angle lens to get a panorama shot. I thought we'd be moving around, snapping pictures of fish, greenery, mountains, here a little there a little. But he informed me otherwise. You go to a place, set up your camera on a tripod, and wait for the exact time of 'golden sunshine' at sunset to take that perfect shot. Very meticulous. I think we have at least 20 shots of Cecret Lake from the same place, and one is absolutely stunning, just like he said it would be. If I would have been in charge of the camera that night I'm pretty sure I would have gotten some cool rocks (up close to see the geological patterns :)), a bug on the pond, the girl who was laughing so loud it created a ripple on the water, the cloudless sky, and Will's face. And then I would have accidentally dropped the camera in the lake...probably.

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to hear an adventure from the mouth of my dear ole' Sara :) You always made life more interesting... (in a good way). I miss it ;)

    ReplyDelete