Directions to our reception at This Is the Place

Directions to our reception from the south: Take exit from I-215 or I-80 towards Foothill Drive. Head north on Foothill Drive. After approximately 1 mile, turn east (or right) onto Sunnyside Avenue.

1/2 mile further you will find the turn in for This Is the Place. Turn in, go around the round-about, and look for a sign for 'Will and Sara Wedding'. It will be on your left. Follow the signs to the Kimball Home.

The Kimball Home is a two-story white home on the west side of the park. There is parking at the home.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cordelia

"Would you please call me Cordelia?" -Anne Shirley

I have always loved Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. I particularly chose this line because I am marrying William Robert Cline Harcourt, a name I can hardly keep up with. But if my name were Sara Elin Cordelia Oldroyd, then we'd make a pair! Maybe even claim we could trace our ancestry back to royalty like Henry VIII, King Tutankhamun or Sarcuse the Hammer.

Anyway, since I know many of my family and friends are also Anne fans, I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes from the book, just for fun:

Anne Shirley: Don't you ever imagine things differently from what they are?
Marilla Cuthbert: No.
Anne Shirley: Oh Marilla, how much you miss.

Anne Shirley: Can't you even imagine you're in the depths of despair?

Gilbert Blythe: What are you thinking?
Anne Shirley: I'm afraid to speak or move for fear that all this wonderful beauty will just vanish... like a broken silence.

Anne Shirley: [about Diana becoming engaged] Of all the stupid, sentimental things for Diana to do.

Anne Shirley: Fred is... extremely good.
Marilla Cuthbert: That is exactly what he should be! Would you want to marry a wicked man?
Anne Shirley: Well, I wouldn't marry anyone who was really wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't.
Marilla Cuthbert: You'll have better sense some day, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment